During this challenging time, The MARK Project continues to work with community businesses, families and individuals to help those impacted by the Coronavirus.
Following is an update on MARK efforts to provide relief:
1. In partnership with Transition Catskills and NY State Homes and Community Renewal, We now have an emergency relief fund in place for Businesses in the Towns of Andes, Bovina, Middletown, Roxbury, the Villages of Margaretville and Fleischmanns and the Hamlet of Pine Hill. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject BUSINESS for guidelines and application. For additional resources for businesses please check our website markproject.org. We have been updating this in real time.
2. Thanks to the many folks who donated their Freshtown points, we have acquired over $500 in Freshtown food cards and are distributing them to individuals and families affected by loss of income due to coronavirus. Anyone with points willing to donate please email email@example.com with the subject header POINTS. If you are in need of food cards please use the subject header FOOD. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
3. A special thank you to the O’Connor Foundation who stepped in with additional resources for food and supplies for those in need. These resources will go to help keeping the food panties in our service area well stocked. In addition, MARK has also coordinated with area restaurants to provide families and individuals with hot meals. If you are, or know of, a family or individual in need of food during this state of emergency, PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FOOD”. We are here to help and all information will be kept confidential!
4. We have started a public group Support for Education on Facebook. Please feel free to join the conversation. Hoping to have teachers united with parents and students for a common cause. Parents, please remember to follow your school’s education curriculum FIRST. This is supplemental information and additional connecting resources.
5. We are in the process of coordinating with the Community Pantry in Margaretville and volunteers to help with food deliveries to those in need. the Community Pantry has opened this up to everyone. If you need a delivery of food please call 845 586-2233. It is no longer based on income. We are also offering support to the Andes and Roxbury Food Pantries. If you wish to volunteer please email email@example.com with the subject VOLUNTEER.
6. We have purchased and distributed ecofriendly to-go containers for use by area restaurants. If you are a restaurant and need containers please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject TAKE OUT.
7. We have continually provided updates on our website to keep the information about available resources in the community and at the State Level along with links to additional resources. Click here to visit our Covid-19 Resources Page.
The donation button on our COVID-19 page now allows you to specify where you donation should be allocated. Donations to the MARK Project’s COVID-19 relief fund is deductible to the full extent allowed by law. To make a donation to our COVID-19 relief fund, click here.