DELAWARE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES
99 MAIN STREET, DELHI, NEW YORK 13753
Amanda Walsh, MPH Public Health Director
May 21, 2020
Delaware County Public Health received three positive lab reports for COVID-19.
COVID-19 is in the area, everyone should limit close contact with individuals outside your household in indoor and outdoor spaces.
Since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to stay away from others when possible, even if you have no symptoms.
Stay at least 6 feet from other people; do not gather in groups; and stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
Positive Results: 68
Discharged (recovered): 54
Isolating at Home: 7
Mandatory Quarantine: 15
Precautionary Quarantine: 2
Number of People Tested: 1516
Number of Tests Performed:1709
Public Health will no longer be reporting lab reports transferred
If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, trouble breathing or pneumonia) talk to your primary health care provider.
Do not come to the emergency room unless there is a pressing emergency.
Thank you to everyone to help bring the number of cases down through vigilant and consistent prevention efforts.
These prevention efforts will need to be continued and maintained to move through the reopening phases safely.
Help Flatten the Curve:
- Practice Social Distancing. Even if you feel well, stay at home as much as possible. In public, keep at least 6 feet distance from others. Avoid unnecessary appointments.
- Wash Your Hands. Cover Your Cough. Cover your cough and sneezes. Use your elbow or a tissue. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wear cloth face coverings when in you are in public and are:
- within six feet of distance from other individuals;
- in a situation or setting where they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from other individuals; or
- in a public or private transportation carrier or for-hire vehicle.
- Take Caution with At-Risk Persons. Avoid visiting those most at risk (elderly and people with underlying health conditions), call instead. Offer help with groceries and other goods to pick up and drop off without face-to-face contact.
NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline at 844-863-9314 is staffed 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.
Social distancing remains in place by executive order.
For information about COVID-19 you can visit