DELAWARE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES
99 MAIN STREET, DELHI, NEW YORK 13753
Amanda Walsh, MPH Public Health Director
June 7, 2020
Delaware County Public Health received no positive lab reports for COVID-19.
Governor Cuomo announced that in-person socially distanced outdoor graduation ceremonies up to 150 people with would be allowed starting June 26th.
Residents of Delaware County and New York State have worked hard and sacrificed to decrease the number of exposures of COVID-19.
We have just begun Phase 2 for the Southern Tier it is essential to continue to follow public health guidance and prevention measures.
COVID-19 is thought to primarily spread person-to-person via respiratory droplets through close contact.
As a result, large gatherings present a significant risk to individuals and communities and continue to be prohibited. This includes parades, parties, graduation ceremonies, and all group gatherings that exceed 10 people.
Positive Results: 77
Discharged (recovered): 65
Isolating at Home: 5
Mandatory Quarantine: 14
Precautionary Quarantine: 1
Number of People Tested: 2532
Number of Tests Performed: 3616
If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, trouble breathing or pneumonia) talk to your primary health care provider.
Do not come to the emergency room unless there is a pressing emergency.
Thank you to everyone to help bring the number of cases down through vigilant and consistent prevention efforts.
These prevention efforts will need to be continued and maintained to move through the reopening phases safely.
Help Flatten the Curve:
- Practice Social Distancing. Even if you feel well, stay at home as much as possible. In public, keep at least 6 feet distance from others. Avoid unnecessary appointments.
- Wash Your Hands. Cover Your Cough. Cover your cough and sneezes. Use your elbow or a tissue. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wear cloth face coverings when in you are in public and are:
- within six feet of distance from other individuals; or
- in a situation or setting where they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from other individuals; or
- in a public or private transportation carrier or for-hire vehicle.
- Take Caution with At-Risk Persons. Avoid visiting those most at risk (elderly and people with underlying health conditions), call instead. Offer help with groceries and other goods to pick up and drop off without face-to-face contact.
NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline at
is staffed 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week. Social distancing remains in place by executive order.
For information about COVID-19 you can visit http://delawarecountypublichealth.com