DELAWARE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES
99 MAIN STREET, DELHI, NEW YORK 13753
Amanda Walsh, MPH Public Health Director
July 11, 2020
Delaware County Public Health received one positive lab report for COVID-19.
It is essential to continue to follow public health guidance and prevention measures. COVID-19 is thought to primarily spread person-to-person via respiratory droplets through close contact.
As a result, large gatherings present a significant risk to individuals and communities and continue to be prohibited. This includes parades, festivals, parties, and all group gatherings that exceed 50 people. Indoor religious gatherings are allowed to operate at 33% of their full capacity.
Phase 4 guidance go to
Governor Cuomo issues Executive Order 205 authorizing the New York State Commissioner of Health to issue a Travel Advisory
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-205-quarantine-restrictions-travelers-arriving-new-york , https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
Positive Results: 83
Discharged (recovered): 76
Isolating at Home: 1
Mandatory Quarantine: 2
Precautionary Quarantine: 23
Number of People Tested: 4114
Number of Tests Performed: 7871
If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, trouble breathing or pneumonia) talk to your primary health care provider. Do not come to the emergency room unless there is a pressing emergency.
Thank you to everyone to help bring the number of cases down through vigilant and consistent prevention efforts. These prevention efforts will need to be continued and maintained to move through the reopening phases safely.
Help Flatten the Curve:
- Practice Social Distancing. Even if you feel well, stay at home as much as possible. In public, keep at least 6 feet distance from others. Avoid unnecessary appointments
- Wash Your Hands. Cover Your Cough. Cover your cough and sneezes. Use your elbow or a tissue. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wear cloth face coverings when in you are in public and are:
- within six feet of distance from other individuals;
- in a situation or setting where they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from other individuals;
- in a public or private transportation carrier or for-hire vehicle
- Take Caution with At-Risk Persons. Avoid visiting those most at risk (elderly and people with underlying health conditions), call instead. Offer help with groceries and other goods to pick up and drop off without face-to-face contact.
NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline at
is staffed 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.
Social distancing remains in place by executive order. For more information about the regional reopening for businesses go to
https://forward.ny.gov/ , http://www.co.delaware.ny.us/wordpress
For information about COVID-19 you can visit http://delawarecountypublichealth.com